Here are some of the equipment, services, and software that use most frequently in my web development. Disclosure - Some of the links may be affiliate links.
15" Macbook Pro (2017) - The main machine I use.
27" iMac (mid 2010) - Secondary/backup machine.
Sony WH-1000XM3 - Great quality, noise cancelling headphones.
Todoist - My goto todo app.
Glo Boards - Excellent Kanban style boards for useful tracking of projects.
Editor and Terminal
VS Code - My current preferred code editor.
- Theme - Night Owl from Sarah Drasner
- Code Spell Checker - this has helped me fix so many typo caused bugs
- ESlint - code linting
- GitLens - great for collaboration and checking when something was written
- Peacock - extra theme goodies for VS Code
- Prettier - code formatting
- Project Manager - easily manage and switch repos
- Todo Tree - a great way to find all the todos that are left in the code
- Settings Sync - helps keep VS Code settings in sync between computers
- Font - Fira Code - excellent free font with ligatures
iTerm2 - My favorite terminal alternative.
- ZSH and Oh My ZSH - Helpful goodies that can be used with iTerm2.
- Theme - Night Owl - Adaptation of Sarah Drasner's theme.
Chrome - Currently, my main browser.
Firefox - My second-most used browser.
- 1Password - extension for the best password manager
1Password - The best password manager.
GitKraken Pro - My favorite GUI for git. Good features, great design, fun changelogs. You can access the Glo Boards directly in the in client as well.
Local - The best way I've found for developing on WordPress sites locally.
Feedly - Solid RSS reader.
Pocket - Save/read pages on the web.
Dev.to - Great tech community and articles.
PocketCast - My favorite podcast player.